Ranjeet Jamwal from Chandigarh writes in The Statesman on September 29, 2018
under the caption “Punjab Women panel chief decries SC ruling on adultery law
verdict” as follows:
With the Supreme Court striking down Section 497 (IPC) or the Adultery law as
unconstitutional, the Punjab Women Commission chairperson Manisha Gulati
feels women, whose husbands who are having extramarital affair, will have
nowhere to go in such cases following this judgment.“I respect the Supreme Court decision, but it will have mixed results. As now having an extramarital affair is not a crime, such cases are bound to go up many times. It will break many Indian families specially in cities where people are more aware about the legal provisions,” Gulati told The Statesman.“We get many such cases where women complain against their husbands for having extra-marital affairs. But now what will we tell such women that it’s legal, so we can’t take any action. Where would a woman in such cases go now when her husband would tell her that he was having affair but it is not against any law
and she was free to do whatever she wishes to?,” she added.
The chairperson said even the women in extra marital affairs will also openly admit the same even if it breaks a family. “The option of taking a divorce is there for women facing extra-marital affairs. But not everyone wants to have a divorce in a such case and everything gets fine if the affairs comes to an end. After all, Indian women don’t want to break their house. They have to think of the future of their children also,”
The chairperson said even the women in extra marital affairs will also openly admit the same even if it breaks a family. “The option of taking a divorce is there for women facing extra-marital affairs. But not everyone wants to have a divorce in a such case and everything gets fine if the affairs comes to an end.After all, Indian women don’t want to break their house. They have to think of the future of their children also,” she said.
Gulati said this decision has given the license to extra marital affairs and lead to increase in number of divorce cases. “As a woman, a wife and a mother, I feel this decision will have negative impact on the society as a whole and our future generations also. It may have some good results, but it will have bad results also,” she said.
Gulati said if discrimination against women has come to an end, there are many other ways to do it than making adultery legal. “Why is that crime against women is not
coming to an end? Don’t we need even more stringent laws to deal with this phenomenon so that no one dares to do a crime against a women,” she added
The five-judge SC bench on Thursday struck down Section 497 (IPC) or the Adultery law
as unconstitutional. It cannot be treated as a criminal offence but can be used as a ground to file a divorce. The Centre had argued in favour of the law saying it is necessary to protect the institution of marriage.
1. The verdict has put the last nail in the coffin of Hindu marriage which in spite of repeated, diabolically devastating onslaughts invited promulgation of Hindu marriage bill, the Hindu code bill etc. by successive secular Congress governments, could still hold on to chastity and purity of character in its heart, inherited through millennia. The undeniable putrefying effect of the bastardy loving European influence has had its ultimate effect in blemishing the bright forehead of Hindu woman, who puts vermillion on her forehead as a mark of her love, respect and singular devotion towards her husband considering him as an epithet of Lord Shiva, and he the male partner respecting their spouse as an image of Shakti. The children also offer respect and obeisance to their parents remembering (matri devo bhava, pitridevo bhava) etc. Every morning we still pray and chant–
The inviolability of the concept of Hindu family has always been protected under
the influence of spiritual dictum and dimension which has been deliberately and
devastatingly snapped by misconstrued and mendacious legal manoeuvres, under
the pernicious pretext of protecting personal right to foster in slavery of sex
2. We quote an article from TRUTH Vol. 14, Issue No. 5 dated 17.05.1946 with the caption “Illegitimacy and Mammon worship (England)” which runs thus:
(1) 78000 Negro troops who served in Britain during the war left behind hundreds of
illegitimate Mulatto babies.
(2) When Negro soldiers were demobilised in the United States, allowance ceased; some
Negro fathers neglected to make any other provision. Then the social pressure of
British provincial responsibility became unbearable. Said one British mother of a Negro
child, “ I am shunned by the whole village”…The Inspector for the national society for the
prevention of cruelty to children has told my friend to keep her children away from my
(3) When British soldiers treat German and Japanese women in the way the Negroes
have treated the English women then it is called “fraternisation”. Why not “fraternisation” of Negroes with English women? Why bring in the disgusting term Mulatto to describe the same relationship, the same illegal sexual connection, the same birth of the illegitimate?
(4) Illegitimacy has become a recognised institution in England, to bring bastards into
the world is a normal feature of which no one needs feel the least shame, but to call them bastards will be a fearful offence. What a glorious paradox!
(5) How is it that there is no social pressure so long as the Negro allowance continued? “Is it a case of the money makes the man?” England seems to have learnt a good purpose how the soul is to be sold to Mammon.
Lust has replaced religion – lust of the flesh, lust for money, lust for creature comforts and lust for everything that debases manhood and makes him infinitely worse than a beast.Chastity is broken on the wheels of a fleeting advantage with an appalling short-
sightedness so characteristic of Modern civilization Hindu marriage, a gift of unparalleled Hindu culture is based on mutual trust, love and respect. Based on the strength of chastity, mutual faith and conjugal commitment before Lord Narayana, Hindu family and Hindu culture has withstood various internal odds (poverty, greed
and avarice) and external vagaries caused by foreign invasion, synonymous with conversion, ruthless plunder, rape, homicide, infanticide and desecration of places of worship through the past 1000 years.
While 800 millions Hindus are still not serious and remain unawake the collusion of handful urban votaries of English culture and education, with worshippers of anti-Hindu secular brigade, strengthened by the secular constitution has brought Bharat to this pass which no Aurangzeb or Nadir Shah, nor even The East India Company could comply.